evacuation: Last News

+23

Related News

dailystar.co.uk
43%
912
Restaurant worker's burns prevented from worsening by colleagues using sprinklers
fire while cleaning the floor, used sprinklers to keep his burns from worsening.The 24-year-old worker was in a serious condition in hospital and placed into an induced coma after the incident, which saw him suffering critical burns to 30% of his body including his arms, face and chest, the Daily Mail reports.Diners at On Sunset in the Parramatta district of Sydney had to be evacuated on Tuesday night after a spark from a faulty dishwasher caused the cleaning agent the man was using on the floor to ignite.Colleagues were said to have used sprinklers to try and keep the man's burns from worsening while they waited for emergency services to arrive.READ MORE: Heiress blocked from inheriting dad's £7m fortune because she refuses to get a jobThe employee was placed into an induced coma by paramedics before being taken to hospital for further treatment.The incident at the Lebanese restaurant also led to the evacuation of 150 people living in apartments above the venue.“This patient was in significant pain when we arrived after having suffered burns to around 30% of his body," New South Wales ambulance inspector Brian Parsell told the Daily Mail.To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.He added: “We were able to stabilise the patient and placed him into an induced coma at the scene before transporting him to Concord Hospital for further care."This is a reminder to the public of the dangers present when working with commercial and domestic gases; we ask that you please take care around open flames and flammable liquids at all times.”NSW Police and fire investigators carried out investigations at the restaurant on Tuesday and Wednesday.Safe Work NSW is also investigating
dailystar.co.uk
50%
979
Shark attack forces beach evacuation as man suffers bite to leg and stomach
shark attack at a popular beach saw crowds of sunseekers flee in panic.One man had to be hospitalised after suffering serious bite injuries to his stomach and leg following the incident at Lovers Point Beach in Monterey Bay, California.He had been surfing about 150 yards out into the sea at 10:35am local time on Wednesday (June 22) when he was set upon by the sea mammal.READ MORE: Florida fishermen arrested after beheading octopus and beating baby shark to deathAll people at the beach were ordered to evacuate following the attack, with firefighters later using drones to search for the shark.No further sightings of the creature have been reported, while the beach remained closed on Wednesday evening.A statement from Pacific Grove Police Department said: "Pacific Grove Police Officers, Monterey Fire Department, American Medical Response (AMR), and State Parks were quickly on scene. "The adult male swimmer sustained significant injuries from the shark bite and was transported to Natividad Hospital by AMR.For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here."In an abundance of caution, the Monterey Fire Department, with the assistance of the Seaside Fire Department, deployed a drone to conduct an aerial search of the area for the shark." "At the time of this release, there have been no additional sightings.
dailystar.co.uk
91%
200
Huge fire kills seven and injures 46 as inferno engulfs lawyer's office
fire in a lawyer's office has killed seven and injured a total of 46 people.The inferno broke out near the Daegu District Court in Daegu, South Korea at around 10:55am (2:55am UK time) on Thursday (June 9).Seven unidentified people inside the building were killed in the blaze, with some of the 46 injured known to have inhaled smoke.Dozens of people were also evacuated onto the central streets of Daegu, the nation's fourth most populous city.A call to the 119 emergency number reported black smoke rising out of the office complex, with an explosion also heard on the second floor of the building.Blaenavon fire: Public told to stay away after huge inferno engulfs industrial estateWaterworld evacuated and air ambulance scrambled as swimmers struck with nausea50 fire engines and 160 firefighters were dispatched to the immediate rescue operation, with the blaze extinguished after 20 minutes.Police are reportedly investigating whether an arson attack related to an incident within the workplace could be the cause, according to the Yonhap news agency.Korean Minister of Public Administration and Security, Daegu Suseong-gu, issued a Fire-Related Emergency Response Order in the immediate aftermath of the incident.This formally commits the authorities to support the families of the deceased or injured, and to continue efforts to treat the wounded and search for any missing people.Footage taken from a building opposite showed firefighters using a ladder and various forms of equipment to bring the fire under control.Other photographs sent to local media from witnesses showed people being rescued and emergency workers wearing protective gear.The lawyer's office affected by the fire forms part of a complex of legal offices surrounding
dailystar.co.uk
92%
890
Putin's troops accused of keeping Ukrainians in fridges before taking them to Russia
Vladimir Putin's forces have been accused of keeping Ukrainians in refrigerators before carting them off to Russia, according to a Ukraine human rights organisation. Grim reports from officials in Ukraine say that troops abducted, threatened and deported civilians in the towns of Gostomel, Irpen and Bucha during their failed assault on Kyiv this year.The Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs now believes that dozens of deported civilians are being held in Russian jails, and are likely facing torture.Numerous reports of kidnappings also remain unresolved, with some families still trying to find missing members nearly a month after Russians retreated from the area.Some have been taken to Russia and Belarus under the guise of 'evacuation', where they are in fact placed in camps and not allowed to leave.One witness to the alleged atrocities described being threatened with death and separated from his loved ones as he was forced into a terrifying interrogation.The man, named Oleg, was placed under blindfold with close family near an airfield in Ukraine and had a gun held to his temple when his own son ran out to tell soldiers that he should not be killed.His entire family was then transported in the armoured personnel carrier, while blindfolded, before being put into a disused refrigeration unit.For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.Oleg told human rights organisation the Media Initiative for Human Rights (MIPL): "We were placed in non-functioning refrigerators in a dilapidated dining room.
dailystar.co.uk
37%
880
Vladimir Putin's Russia bombs Ukrainian school packed with civilians killing up to 60
Ukraine has killed two people and another 60 are feared dead beneath the rubble.Russian forces shelled the village of Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region on Saturday afternoon which set a school on fire as about 90 people used it for shelter.Luhansk governor Serhiy Gaidai said 30 people were rescued from the flames but confirmed two lifeless bodies were found and 60 more people were yet to make it out of the burning debris alive.Belarus-based media outlet, Nexta, reported that those killed were children however officials in Ukraine have not backed the claims.Gaidai wrote in a Telegram post: "The fire was extinguished after nearly four hours, then the rubble was cleared, and, unfortunately, the bodies of two people were found. Sixty people were likely to have died under the rubble of buildings."The number of casualties is due to Vladimir Putin's army dropping a bomb on the exact building where "almost the whole village was hiding".In the nearby village of Shypilovo, 11 people are thought to have been trapped in the rubble of a destroyed house by more Russian shelling, Mr Gaidai said.The Russian military has been accused of committing war crimes for its persistent targeting of areas packed with civilian such as hospitals and schools, but Moscow has rejected the allegations.Since sending tanks into Ukraine on February 24, thousands of Ukrainians have been killed and 5 million have fled abroad as thriving cities are razed to the ground.
DMCA