county Sussex: Last News

+15

Related News

dailystar.co.uk
44%
415
Katie Price wows as bridesmaid at sister's wedding ahead of court hearing
Kate Price looked every bit the part as a bridesemaid at her sister Sophie's wedding amid her ongoing legal battles.The mum-of-five managed looked thrilled to spend some quality time with her family as her little sister Sophie tied the knot in Sussex on Wednesday (June 22).The former glamour model joined her children Harvey, Junior, Princess and Bunny at All Saints church in East Sussex, where sibling Sophie married her now-hubby Harry.READ MORE: Katie Price sizzles as she shows off results of latest boob job in plunging topIt comes as Katie is due in court on Friday (June 24) to receive a sentence after she pled guilty to breaching a restraining order against her ex husband Kieran Hayler's fiancé, Michelle Penticost.Katie has been warned she was "at risk of going to prison" by judge Stephen Mooney at Lewes Crown Court.But it didn't stop her heading out to celebrate her sister's special day - where she showed up in a gorgeous navy dress.Katie was snapped clutching a bouquet of flowers as she held onto her son Harvey, who looked smart in a white shirt and red tie combo.She was sure not to upstage then-bride Sophie, who wore the traditional white gown and veil which was decorated with flowers.Later on, Katie partied it up with her family as she celebrated the recent music success of her son Junior, whom she shares with former pop star Peter Andre.16-year-old rapper and singer Junior managed to top the charts with his debut single Slide last week.Proud mum Katie was quick to promote the single by sharing a clip of Junior and his sister Bunny dancing to the track.She wrote: "Bunny @officialjunior_andre [love-heart eyes emojis] junior song out now search slide on all platforms."The I'm A Celeb star also shared a clip of
dailystar.co.uk
46%
179
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in 'cheap seats' after 'reaping what they have sown'
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's were “put in their place”, as they were apparently banished to the “cheap seats” during the service of thanksgiving yesterday.The Duke and Duchess of Sussex spent the service at St Paul's Cathedral stuck behind a group of teenagers, right at the back of the historic venue.James, Viscount Severn — 15th in line to the throne — was one of those the couple were sitting behind.The event saw members of the Royal family and invited guests pay tribute to the Queen, as well as thanking numerous volunteers and the British public.But Royal fans noticed that the controversial Royal couple — who stepped away from their Royal duties around three years ago — had seemingly been shoved to the back of the audience like an unwanted relative at a wedding.Royal commentator Daniela Elser pointed to that fact that this was the couple “reaping what they had sown”, despite the fact that they had been hoping to build bridges during the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations.Writing for news.com.au, she said: “When the couple waltzed off two years ago to make a fortune and create impact and spend their days coming up with nifty hashtags, it looked like they still held plenty of cards.“Harry, in falling for the Suits star and dragooning her into the working royal ranks, had accidentally found just what the monarchy didn’t know it was looking for.“They were the adored golden couple and the royal family needed them, and oh-so-badly, to inject some youthful verve into the moribund royal brand and to connect with younger generations.“The message from the Palace in putting the Sussexes in the cheap seats seemed to be: You wanted out? Fine.
dailystar.co.uk
80%
450
Harry and Meghan want to be 'as low profile as possible' at Jubilee, says Sussex pal
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are doing their utmost to keep a “low profile” during the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations, royal expert Omid Scobie has claimed.After being spotted interacting with the royals in private during yesterday’s (June 2) Trooping the Colour ceremony, Harry and Meghan attended a thanksgiving service at St Paul’s cathedral this morning.The event marked the couple’s first appearance together at a royal event since their controversial departure from the family in early 2020.And, amid fears that the Sussexes plan to take the spotlight away from the monarch during the celebrations, royal expert Omid Scobie has defended the Duke and Duchess’ intentions.Speaking on BBC Breakfast, Naga Munchetty acknowledged that there had been intense speculation surrounding whether Harry and Meghan would “overshadow” the Queen, and asked Omid for his take.“I spoke with people close to the couple who said that it couldn’t be further from the truth, in fact, that they want to be as low profile as possible during this trip.“It’s almost hard to believe but I think yesterday at Trooping the Colour was a great example; we didn’t really catch sight of them on TV cameras.“For them, being here is all about honouring and really celebrating the life and legacy of the Queen, someone they’ve continued a very warm and close relationship with.”Omid accepted that this friendly relationship hadn’t extended to some of the other Royal Family members, and remembered that the couple’s final few days as working royals had led to some “very awkward moments” between the Sussexes and Cambridges.But, he stressed that a lot of this tension has “softened” over the last two years since Meghan and Harry had resettled in California.“I think all
express.co.uk
48%
464
'Not my thing' ITV's Tom Bradby switched off Piers Morgan after 'couple minutes'
Radio Times.The new show features Piers’ verdict on the day's global events with an hour of debate and straight-talking interviews with the world's leading figures.Ian's comments come after it was reported Piers' show averaged more than 300,000 viewers for his debut episode on April 25, in which he interviewed the former US president Donald Trump.But since then the viewing figures have plunged, with recent episodes getting about 30,000 viewers, according to the Mail Online.Meanwhile, Tom decided to not touch on his relationship with the royals after it was alleged he and Prince William had a falling out in April last year.According to Royal sources, the two were friends for two decades.It has been said that ITV's News at Ten host has “annoyed” his friend Prince William by "seeming to side" with his brother Prince Harry and sister-in-law Meghan Markle following their explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey.Tom has interviewed both the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as well as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in the past.The journalist is also known to have been close friends with Harry and William.The royal insider said: "The friendship between William and Tom is very much over."The Duke feels let down by Bradby and the way he's acted over the past few months."William is a sensitive soul and believes it's in times of crisis when you find out who your true friends are."The source added: "The Duke will, of course, remain cordial and professional in his relations with senior media figures, but that special relationship he once had with Bradby is no more."William no longer sees him as a friend."The source also claimed some staff at Buckingham Palace believe Tom’s reporting on ITV News favours the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.They
dailystar.co.uk
83%
637
Katie Price pleads guilty to restraining order breach as she arrives at crown court
Katie Price has pleaded guilty to a restraining order breach at Lewes Crown Court.Katie Price ducked her head to avoid the cameras as she arrived in court charged with one count of breaching a restraining order.The former glamour model, 44, arrived at Lewes Crown Court in Sussex this morning (May 25) to enter a plea, after she previously appeared at Crawley Magistrates Court in relation to the charge.SussexLive reports that Judge Stephen Mooney has addressed Katie and her counsel following the plea, telling her she is "at risk of going to prison".Katie could be seen outside ducking her head to avoid the cameras, as she donned a huge pair of reflective Aviator sunglasses and wore her blonde tresses loose around her shoulders, concealing as much of her appearance as possible.She opted for a large black coat worn over her clothes and was accompanied by fiancé Carl Woods as she arrived at court.Carl donned a bright purple and blue checked jacket and blue jeans as he clung to Katie's hand.Katie was surrounded by people as she was ushered towards the courthouse.Katie’s case was scheduled to last for most of the morning after beginning at 10.30am.The mum-of-five stood accused of breaching a restraining order against Michelle Penticost, the fiancée of her ex Kieran Hayler.She was initially arrested on January 21 over claims she sent an abusive text message to Michelle, calling her a “c***ing w***e piece of s**t” and a “gutter slag”.The star spent the night in a cell at Worthing Police Station after cops picked her up from her home in Horsham.Breaching the terms of the order carries with it a maximum prison sentence of five years - and Katie also risks jail time for being arrested while on licence for her drink-drive crash.A
dailystar.co.uk
71%
217
Meghan Markle was 'favourite to play Rebekah Vardy' in biopic after style similarities
Rebekah Vardy at the moment as the Wagatha Christie trial continues, a combination between the WAG and Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle would still have been difficult to predict.With one married into the Royal family with her husband Prince Harry and one married to premier league champion Jamie Vardy, it is hard to see how they would be combined.Despite it appearing that their lives are worlds apart, they actually have quite a lot of similarities.Of course currently Rebekah is currently involved in the high-profile Wagatha Christie legal battle with fellow WAG Colleen Rooney, whilst Meghan had her own legal battle with the Mail On Sunday.During the ongoing Wagatha case, judge Mrs Justice Steyn quoted part of the privacy case involving the Duchess of Sussex in regards to the striking out of certain parts of evidence, reports The Mirror.But the most surprising link of all is that Meghan was reportedly being lined up to play Rebekah in a Hollywood movie back in 2016.Off the back of Jamie Vardy's incredible rise from non-league football to Premier League champion, there were plans to create a big budget biopic.Jamie started his football career at non-league team Stocksbridge Park Steels and also played for Halifax Town and Fleetwood Town before joining Leicester for £1million in 2012.LA-based Brit Adrian Butchart, a producer and writer, agreed to make the movie with the Oscar-winning producers of The King’s Speech Gareth-Ellis Unwin and Simon Egan and their company Bedlam Productions.But the making of the film has been delayed, which means Meghan likely won't be taking on the role as she has abandoned her acting career.The Suits actress was only dating Prince Harry at the time but the pair have since married before enjoying
express.co.uk
72%
946
Rachel Riley claims JK Rowling’s trans views attacked due to her defence of Jews
Rachel Riley made her controversial comments after JK Rowling caused a social media storm by arguing that those who are biologically female and who have periods should be referred to as "women" and not "people who menstruate".The latter term was adopted by some to be more gender-inclusive to those who are trans, non-binary or gender non-conforming.Rachel, who was recently involved in an explosive libel case against one of Jeremy Corbyn's former aides in court, has claimed opinions on anti-semitism are at the heart of the trans debate."I think a lot of the attacks on JK Rowling are really because she spoke out for Jews and against Jeremy Corbyn and antisemitism," Rachel declared.Also discussing the Harry Potter author's philanthropic work, Riley defended: “She has made a real difference to the world.However, the Countdown star exclaimed: "[Just saying] this will get us both cancelled.”The trans debate has also focused on the use of the term "birthing people", which was introduced by a Brighton and Sussex Hospital Trust as an addition to "pregnant women" - something JK Rowling and fellow activists feel strongly about.Rachel had already experienced what she described as cancel culture when she sued a former aide of Labour politician Jeremy Corbyn for libel.Laura Murray had made a controversial tweet about her comments which Rachel claimed led to a campaign to have ousted from Countdown and cancelled.Rachel, who has been vocal in the past about troll attacks directed at her, says she received a barrage of "abuse" after commenting on eggs being thrown at Corbyn.The former leader of the Labour Party had been visiting a mosque in Finsbury Park, North London when he'd been pelted with eggs by a Brexit supporter back in
express.co.uk
86%
564
'Too thin-skinned!' Ulrika Jonsson shares her fears as ‘workplace banter’ complaints soar
The Sun that perhaps she is simply "desperate for human company".However, cancel culture, combined with compensation lawsuits, seem to have made many people anxious about laughing and joking in case their intentions are misinterpreted.Ulrika made it clear she's firmly against racism or homophobia, however, she believes that some of the other jokes might have been taken too seriously.She also added she believed that most "right-minded" people knew when to draw the line and what the difference was between a light-hearted jibe and an inappropriate and offensive one.Ulrika, who has also admitted to mixed feelings about the "neutrality" of her home country, Sweden, has nonetheless caused offence online herself recently.In a separate Sun column earlier in the year, she had commented on a hospital trust in Brighton and Sussex which suggested to midwives they could "refer to mothers as birthing parents and the act of breastfeeding as chest-feeding”.The new terminology had been adopted in a bid to make trans or non-binary parents feel more included.However, Ulrika challenged: "Why can I not enjoy being called a mother? I don’t want to be a ‘birthing parent’."She added: "Why does traditional terminology always have to incite negative connotations?"At what point am I allowed to stand up and say my breasts are called breasts because that is what they biologically and organically are?”The comment caused offence among some members of the transgender community.However Ulrika insists she is not transphobic, and merely feels proud to be female.Pink News also commented that "birthing people" was being used as an additional term, alongside the conventional label of "mother", instead of replacing it.After claiming she had been a victim of
express.co.uk
61%
565
Nick Cave was writing book about first son’s tragic death as second son Jethro found dead
tragically died at the age of 30.Jethro’s family confirmed the sad news in a statement released by his dad.The Bad Seeds frontman wrote: “With much sadness, I can confirm that my son, Jethro, has passed away."We would be grateful for family privacy at this time.”The news of the former model’s death comes just two days after he was released from prison on bail after admitting to attacking his mother. Jethro was Nick’s second son to die in seven years, as his teenage boy Arthur died back in 2015 after falling 60ft from a cliff in Ovingdean, near Brighton. In September 2021, Nick announced he would be releasing a memoir called Faith, Hope and Carnage, documenting his grief following Arthur’s death. The book was due to be published in Autumn 2022 and had been drawn from over 40 hours of interview time with friend Sean O'Hagan, who Nick has known for 30 years.Arthur died from "multiple traumatic injuries due to a fall from a height” and the pathologist told the court the teenager had LSD in his system at the time of his death.An inquest at Woodvale Crematorium in Brighton heard how Arthur was seen "staggering" and "zig zagging" on his own moments before he fell off the cliff.The teenger was rushed to the Royal Sussex County Hospital but died that evening.Nick’s second eldest child Jethro’s cause of death is not yet known. The 30-year-old was jailed back in April after assaulting his mother, Beau Lazenby, and had only just been let out of prison. Jethro kneed Beau in the face during an argument, which caused bleeding and bruising, the court heard. While he admitted to one count of unlawful assault and breaching court orders, any charges of intentionally causing injury were dropped. Jethro’s lawyer, Sean Ghattas, told the court
DMCA