Duke: Last News

+173

Prince Harry enjoys a deep stretch before a polo match in Santa Barbara

Prince Harry was back with a deep glute stretch before his polo match in Santa Barbara on Friday. The Duke of Sussex put an emphasis on his stretching techniques before partaking in a match with Los Padres team. The match took place at the Santa Barbara Polo and Racquet Club. Harry is no stranger to his pre-game stretch as he was captured performing a similar exercise before a polo match in early May.
foxnews.com

Related News

dailystar.co.uk
64%
832
Meghan and Harry visit could 'overshadow' Queen and working royals at Jubilee - expert
Queen has been warned she cannot have a Prince Harry and Meghan Markle "sideshow" at her Platinum Jubilee celebrations because it would create resentment among other Royal Family members.Royal commentator Camilla Tominey said it is important the Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not take away the limelight from working members of the family, including Princess Anne, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Earl and Countess of Wessex.She said it is vital next month’s celebrations are about the Queen.Speaking to The Telegraph, she explained: “You can include the Sussexes, but you don’t want some sort of Harry and Meghan side show going on when the main event must be HMQ the Queen and equally there will be other members of the Royal Family who are still doing the daily grind who will resent being overshadowed by Harry and Meghan even if they don’t admit it.“You’re not going to want to have the likes of Princess Anne and the Earl and Countess of Wessex for instance who day in day out plant trees, unveil plaques and go to the openings of royal envelopes only to have the media completely focus on Harry and Meghan who aren’t playing a role at all in the so called family.”Her comments come ahead of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, taking place from June 2 to June 5, which Harry and Meghan said they were "excited and honoured" to be invited to. But the pair will not join the Queen on the balcony of Buckingham Palace because that privilege is only reserved for working members of the Firm.To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters hereThis will be the first time the Queen meets Harry's daughter, Lilibet Diana.
dailystar.co.uk
92%
909
People asked not to feed squirrels bacon as they've 'started attacking pedestrians'
viral on Twitter.The post, shared by Twitter user @UncleDuke1969 with his 73,600 followers, reads: "Please could staff not feed bacon to the squirrels as they have now started attacking pedestrians."Captioning the post, Uncle Duke wrote: "THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN."The tweet has since gone viral - racking up thousands of retweets and more than 11,000 likes.Many were confused, as one person asked: "Pedestrians taste of bacon? Is anyone going to rest this theory?"While another echoed: "Hang on - they buried the lead there: where on earth is it that the pedestrians smell like bacon?!"Meanwhile a third called the animals the "Bacon Batallion", as another added: "The invasion has begun!!! They’ve been right under our nose the whole time, biding time, waiting for civil instability amongst the humans."The sign comes after a policeman recently received a special award for 'bravery and dedication' after being attacked by squirrel.David Wheatley, a sheriff's deputy from Harrison County in Indiana, USA, has been given the cheeky recognition by the force for his courage after footage showed him being set upon by the furry animal.The policeman had been responding to a call from an elderly lady, who had opened the door of her caravan to let her cat in when a squirrel ran inside and began crawling all over her.Get all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox. Sign up for the free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter
dailystar.co.uk
84%
947
Harry's 'ludicrous' parenting of Lilibet and Archie criticised by royal expert
Prince Harry’s comments about the safety of the internet have been criticised by a royal expert, who observed that Archie and Lilibet won’t old enough to access social media for some time.The prince recently attended a webinar hosted by youth charity 5Rights Foundation, where he reiterated his stance on the dangers of online harm for young people.The Duke of Sussex expressed a concern that his “two little ones” will “never have to experience the internet as it exists now” and called for a safer digital environment.However, speaking to Talk TV, royal expert Angela Levin picked apart the Duke’s comments and suggested that the young age of Archie and Lilibet meant this was a largely hypothetical scenario.“If one is three and the other is nearly one, they’re not going to be on the internet for some time yet,” she suggested.“And by the time they become teenagers, I don’t think the online stuff is going to be anywhere like what it is [now], and they won’t want to do it because it will be stale and old.“So it’s a ludicrous thing to start preparing a child at the age of nearly one, they’re just not ready for it.”Angela also criticised Harry’s suggestion that it is the job of people making money on the internet to “keep us scrolling".“He’s making an awful lot of money out of Spotify and Netflix and not doing very much for it, so I think it’s pot calling the kettle black,” she observed.Meghan Markle was recently dealt a setback when her original animated series Pearl was scrapped amid huge cuts made by the streaming giant.
dailystar.co.uk
47%
269
Frogmore Cottage's staggering cost as Meghan and Harry plan to stay for Queen's Jubilee
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle recently made a surprise trip to the UK ahead of the Invictus Games. It won’t be long until they return again, as the couple are set to come back with their two children, Archie and Lilibet.They're rumoured to be staying in Windsor's royal residence Frogmore Cottage, where Princess Eugenie and husband Jack Brooksbank currently live with their toddler daughter August Philip.It’s a special place for the royals, as Frogmore was their first family home together when Archie was born.They will be back for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, helping mark this historic celebration in British history.It also has a long history and more recent controversy, especially when the two used millions of pounds in taxpayer money to refurbish the place.Here is everything you need to know about Frogmore Cottage.Despite Harry and Meghan calling Frogmore Cottage home, it is technically owned by the Crown Estate.This means that ownership is passed from monarch to monarch and isn’t solely owned by one person.This complicated matters when Harry and Meghan wanted to refurb the old home, as the Crown Estate is directly funded by taxpayer money.The pair faced massive criticism over the refurbishment, which cost a staggering £2.7million.However, the couple defended their eye-watering bill, saying it was mainly work that already needed doing.
dailystar.co.uk
53%
761
Harry and Meghan 'told Queen they never wanted to be on palace balcony', claims pal
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle told the Queen that they never wanted to be on the balcony at Buckingham Palace for her Platinum Jubilee, according to sources.It comes after the palace confirmed only working members of the Royal Family could appear on the balcony on June 2 - leaving Harry and Meghan out in the cold.The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are returning to the UK next month with their children for the four-day celebration to mark the monarch’s 70-year reign.Courtiers and aides are continuing to finalise which events they will attend.Despite claiming that they ‘never wanted to appear on the balcony’, a royal insider claims the pair did insist on attending the Queen’s Thanksgiving Service, as reported by The Sun.Biographer and pal Omid Scobie, author of Finding Freedom, denied they were “cut” from the balcony line-up and Trooping the Colour, which marks the monarch’s birthday.Writing for Yahoo news, Mr Scobie said Harry had “spoken with his grandmother about the possibility of not attending Trooping the Colour long before last week’s announcements”.The Sussexes thought it “inappropriate” to appear at the “balcony moment” as they were no longer working royals, he added.It comes as royal experts claimed that the couple is attending the celebrations because they "need to be seen as royal" and the decision to come back is "entirely due to branding".The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced last week that they would travel from California, US to attend Jubilee events in the first week of June.Since they sensationally stepped down as working royals in 2020, they have only returned to the UK together once, meeting with the Queen at Windsor in April ahead of the Invictus Games.Keep up to date with all the latest news stories.
dailystar.co.uk
55%
636
Prince Harry's ex-army pal 'hopes Oprah interview was worth the price'
Prince Harry's ex-army pal said he "genuinely hopes" that the Oprah Winfrey interview was "worth it to him".Ex-Household Cavalry Lance Corporal Martyn Compton has been a friend of the Duke's for over 15 years but said he was "shocked" and "amazed" by his and Meghan Markle's decision to step down as senior members of the Royal Family.Just a few weeks prior to the Sussexes bombshell interview with the US TV show host last year, Compton told the Sun that he "genuinely hopes" the interview was "worth it to him".He added that "nobody knows" the Prince's motivations but said he really hopes he had given himself "the time to think it all through".He said: "As Prince Harry's friend and someone who has served alongside him, I’m shocked and amazed it’s all come to this."I genuinely hope the interview with Oprah Winfrey and all that goes with it is worth it to him as this is a very high price to pay."I don’t know what he’s getting out of it, perhaps it’s getting something off his chest. But with high-profile deals, including Netflix, what I do know is that no royal should ever be seen to be cashing in.To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here."No one knows his motives apart from Prince Harry in agreeing to do this interview.
DMCA