Meghan Markle's absence from the Gracie Awards on May 23 was a wise move, according to Princess Diana's former bodyguard. Markle, who was named a digital media national winner for the 49th annual awards, did not make an appearance at the ceremony in Los Angeles.The Gracie Awards came just days after the Duchess of Sussex and her husband Prince Harry claimed they had been followed by paparazzi in a "relentless pursuit" after leaving an event in New York City.
Lee Sansum, who worked to protect Princess Diana in the summer of 1997 shortly before her death, told Fox News Digital that he supports Markle's decision to skip the event. "The paparazzi would have been insane," according to Sansum.
Sansum was assigned to protect Princess Diana while she was dating Egyptian film producer Dodi Fayed. He explained that sometimes a chase could be provoked. "People will provoke a chase to get the picture," he said. "And it might not be the cameraman, or the camera people, should I say.
But hey, let's pay a couple cars here to just . . . be decoys and just to really give them something just to get reaction." "They just want to snap one shot, one shot, that's got, ‘Oh Meghan’s lost the plot.' So . . .Read more on foxnews.com