Ghislaine Maxwell Britain Scotland New York Ireland state Virginia BBC Duke Ghislaine Maxwell Britain Scotland New York Ireland state Virginia

Prince Andrew Stripped Of Military Titles And Royal Patronages: “He Will Defend This Case As A Private Citizen,” Says Buckingham Palace

Reading now: 415
deadline.com

The Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his “military affiliations and royal patronages” and left him to defend his case against Virginia Roberts Giuffre as a “private citizen.”The move came hours after more than 150 military veterans wrote to the Queen to ask her to strip Andrew of his honorary military roles amid what they described as their “upset and anger.”Yesterday, a New York judge rejected the Prince’s lawyers’ attempts to dismiss Giuffre’s civil claim and the Duke of York will now face civil trial in the U.S.Giuffre is suing Prince Andrew over claims that he abused her when she was 17, which the Prince has denied.

He says he has no recollection of meeting her.Buckingham Palace’s statement essentially distances the UK royals from Andrew and his legal team.It reads: “With the Queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”Prince Andrew hasn’t been undertaking public duties since 2019, shortly after a car crash BBC interview in which he attempted to distance himself from the now-deceased Jeffrey Epstein and Giuffre’s claims.His case has been placed in the spotlight since Epstein’s confidante Ghislaine Maxwell was convicted last month.His military titles include honorary air commodore of RAF Lossiemouth, colonel-in-chief of the Royal Irish Regiment, colonel-in-chief of the Small Arms School Corps, commodore-in-chief of the Fleet Air Arm, royal colonel of the Royal Highland Fusiliers, deputy colonel-in-chief of the Royal Lancers (Queen Elizabeths’ Own) and royal colonel of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.New and returning

Read more on deadline.com
The website celebsbar.com is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

express.co.uk
59%
699
'Disgraceful and disrespectful' Rachel Riley hits out at government in wake of #partygate
Boris Johnson is facing mass scrutiny as it has been alleged that Downing Street staff held two parties the night before Prince Philip's funeral - at a time when Covid restrictions banned indoor mixing.Taking to social media, Countdown star Rachel Riley has shared her thoughts on the government’s actions in a scathing tweet.The newest reports of illegal Downing Street parties, first brought to light by The Telegraph, say that the events took place on April 16, 2021, and went on until the early hours.Boris is facing calls to resign from the opposition as well as some senior Tories but has urged MPs to wait for the outcome of an investigation into lockdown gatherings in government buildings by senior civil servant Sue Gray.Taking to Twitter Rachel, 36, shared a video of Sky News presenter Trevor Phillips recalling the death of his own daughter during this period. Rachel tweeted out to her 693,200 followers: “As more and more has trickled out about party after party, the image of the Queen sitting alone at her husband’s funeral, and stories like @TrevorPTweets really put the behaviour of the government into perspective. “Disgraceful and disrespectful spring to mind,” she added.The tweet she shared read: “Trevor Phillips shares his experience during lockdown, when one of his daughters was very ill.“She died not long after the funeral of Prince Philip, when it is alleged that those working for the government met despite Covid rules.”The video clip attached came from Trevor Phillips on Sunday, where the presenter could be seen trying to restrain his emotions as he challenged Oliver Dowden, one of the party’s co-chairs, over whether the prime minister understood public anger over these gatherings.During the interview, Trevor
express.co.uk
78%
113
'Woefully entitled' Piers Morgan slams Prince Harry for giving Queen 'massive headache'
Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan has savagely branded Prince Harry a "shameless, deluded, woefully entitled hypocrite" in his latest column for The Sun.The journalist, who left his GMB presenting job in 2020 after being called out for criticisms he made against Meghan Markle, appears to be angered over Prince Harry’s request for police protection for his family when they visit the UK.Piers, 56, is an outspoken critic of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, whom he once accused of lying about having suicidal thoughts after the actress appeared in a tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021.Now, Piers has claimed that the Queen’s grandson has “piped up from his Californian mansion” at the time where she needs it the least. Piers suggested that Harry was making everything "more difficult" for his grandmother "during the most difficult times of her life".Piers began by saying that he took issue with Prince Harry and Meghan’s television appearances at a time when Prince Philip was “dying in hospital”. He went on to explain that, in the light of Prince Andrew’s current sexual abuse allegations which the Duke of York has denied, Harry was once “rubbing salt” in the Queen’s “emotional wounds”. Harry’s threat of legal action after not being granted British police protection while in the UK, Piers argues, is causing his grandmother undue distress during another “difficult” time. Piers said: “The petulant prince is threatening legal action - is there ever a time when he isn’t? Unless the Home Office caves and restores the royal security he enjoyed before his dramatic flounce to America.“If he goes through with his threat, it will be the first time any royal has ever sued Her Majesty’s Government, and, of course,