Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s U.K. home is at the center of a jaw-dropping plot twist in an ongoing royal saga. On Wednesday, a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed to Fox News Digital that the couple has been asked to vacate Frogmore Cottage, suggesting a further fraying of ties with the British royal family amid preparations for King Charles III’s coronation. "We can confirm The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage," a spokesperson for the couple said in a statement.
Just before the news broke, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were spotted by photographers having a rainy night out in Los Angeles.They were all smiles at San Vicente Bungalows, a members-only club that bans cellphones and photos. "Their eviction from Frogmore Cottage has serious implications for the Sussexes," royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told Fox News Digital. "No one considered that this was one of the royal family’s options." "Harry and Meghan thought they could attack the institution with impunity and for financial gain," he said. "They were obsessed with controlling the narrative and with the trailers and contents of their six-hour Netflix docuseries followed by the publication of Harry’s memoir ‘Spare’ and the television interviews surrounding it, they seemed to be doing just that." Frogmore Cottage, on the grounds of Windsor Castle west of London, had been intended as the couple’s main residence before they gave up royal duties and moved to Southern California.The Sun newspaper reported that Harry's father, the king, started the eviction process on Jan.Read more on foxnews.com