Ice Cube said he is looking to retain the rights to the Friday film franchise.The 53-year-old rapper-actor, appearing on the podcast Hotboxin' with Mike Tyson, said that he has been speaking with Warner Bros.
about the rights to the film franchise that he wrote, which includes 1995's Friday, 2000's Next Friday and 2002's Friday After Next.'I don't know; Warner Brothers is weird right now,' said the entertainer, who made headlines last month saying not getting vaccinated cost him a $9 million role. 'I don't know what they're doing, they don't know what they're doing.' The latest: Ice Cube, 53, said he is looking to retain the rights to the Friday film franchise.The Los Angeles native said he and his team would 'love to have it back,' and that he's optimistic things will flourish in time.'I think it's gonna be close to a time when we can get it back,' said Ice Cube, whose real name is O'Shea Jackson. 'So we'll either wait for that time, or we'll keep trying to convince them that they need to let us control the movie.
It's my movie, but they have distribution control.' Ice Cube told Tyson that he would not be open to buying the rights to the film series.'I ain't putting s*** up for it - f*** no,' he said. 'They need to give it to me, and they're gonna make money.' The Los Angeles native said he and his team would 'love to have it back,' and that he's optimistic things will flourish in time The entertainer chat with Mike Tyson and Matt Barnes on the podcast The boxing champ asked Ice Cube about the future of the film franchise He said it would be 'stupid' to pay for his 'own stuff,' adding, 'They need to do the right thing, get it to us, let us turn it into more money and make the fans happy, and people will have a good.Read more on dailymail.co.uk