Emmerdale viewers struggled as they watched distressing scenes during the latest episode, as young adult Jacob Gallagher (played by Joe-Warren Plant) suffered from a severe nut allergy.
But in a terrifying storyline twist, Victoria Barton was accidentally to blame after making a near-fatal mistake in the restaurant on Monday night, 18 September.The chef was doing her best to cook and create a satisfying spread for Gaby's potential new clients, but couldn't keep up with the increasing work-load.
As a result, she made a rushed sauce for one of the dishes with an ingredient that had nut oil in it. Jacob then checked if the item was safe to eat, and after getting the go-ahead from Victoria, it wasn't long before he was choking.
After an alarming scene saw Jacob's mum Leyla Harding (Roxy Shahidi) sobbing and trying to help her son, Victoria jumped into action and raced to the car to get the suffering character's second EpiPen, which injects treatment immediately.Read more on ok.co.uk