prince Philip Britain pandemic 2020 Party prince Philip Britain

Another apology for another Downing Street party from director of Boris Johnson covid taskforce

Reading now: 686
dailyrecord.co.uk

The woman who was in charge of the UK Government’s Covid taskforce has apologised for going to her own Downing Street leaving do during lockdown.

Kate Josephs, who is now the chief executive of Sheffield Council, issued an apology for her behaviour as anger grew about Downing Street’s party culture during the covid pandemic.

She admitted attending a drinks gathering at the Cabinet Office on 17 December 2020 when she was working on the Covid taskforce.

She said: “I am truly sorry that I did this.”“As people know I previously worked in the Cabinet Office covid Taskforce where I was Director General from July 2020 to December 18, 2020.“I have been cooperating fully with the Cabinet Office investigations and I do not want to pre-empt the findings of the investigation."She said the drinks were held to mark her leaving the civil service.“However as Chief Executive of Sheffield City Council I am responsible for leading the organisation and working with partners across the city and region to support our covid response and recovery.“That is why I have decided to make a statement.”She said that on December 17, 2020, she “gathered with colleagues that were at work that day, with drinks, in our office in the Cabinet Office, to mark my leaving the Civil Service.“I am truly sorry that I did this and for the anger that people will feel as a result.

Read more on dailyrecord.co.uk
The website celebsbar.com is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

express.co.uk
73%
309
Holly Willoughby stuns fans in make-up free snap ahead of Dancing On Ice debut
Dancing on Ice presenter Holly Willoughby stunned fans this afternoon with a gorgeous make-up free selfie as she prepared for opening night. Now in its 14th series, Dancing on Ice will be welcoming a host of new celebrities to the rink as they compete for the trophy. Holly, 40, shared a casual snap with her 7.5 million Instagram followers as she reminded them to tune in to ITV later tonight. The This Morning star could be seen rocking a navy blue and white patterned coat with a matching turtle neck jumper underneath. In one hand she held her ITV mug, which she lifted in the hopes of drawing more attention to the channel. In the caption, Holly wrote: “Waiting backstage for @dancingonice rehearsals to begin…“Just in case you’re wondering what channel we’re on tonight… @itv,” she added with a blue heart. Holly’s followers quickly flocked to the comment section to praise her casual, wintery look. “Love this look on youuuu,” wrote Barbara Laubach with love heart eyes emojis. “Oooh I want that coat! Where’s it from? X,” asked timehairbeauty. “Love your coat/jumper combo xx,” commented Rachel Taylor.Ruth Poole called Holly a “natural beauty”, while Steven Stewart wrote: “Absolutely stunning."“Your face looks so fresh,” commented slimdim07.“Such a naturally beautiful woman X,” added Cheese_On_Toast.
express.co.uk
51%
922
'Out of my control' Dancing on Ice's Ria Hebden addresses 'anxieties' ahead of show debut
Dancing on Ice contestant Ria Hebden has spoken out about "surrendering control" as she prepares for the first episode of the popular ITV show this evening.The Lorraine presenter, 39, revealed that she had yet to see her outfit or practice with a "major prop" just days before taking to the ice.Speaking to Express.co.uk, three days before the live show starts, the TV star revealed that she's recently breathed a sigh of relief.Ria said: "We have a prop, a major prop that we're using in our opening number and it only arrived today."Not giving any clues about what the prop is away, the Dancing On Ice contestant told how she only has a few days practice with the item.She admitted: "I was really anxious about it last week as it does feature in the performance and it hasn't arrived."But it's been much better now it's here and I can get familiar with it."I'm relieved, excited and relieved!" she added.However, the star also said she had yet to see the outfit she'll be wearing during the first live show.Ria explained: "I still haven't seen my outfit yet, I'm like, 'What's happening?!'"It's very surreal, all these elements are completely out of my control."You just have to kind of surrender to them," she admitted.Speaking about her making her debut on the ice with partner Lukasz Rozycki, Ria told how she couldn't wait to perform.She said: "I'm really excited about it, we've worked really hard for a long time now."I had no dancing experience whatsoever so I've had to really immerse myself in the experience and really learn how to hold my posture and the poses as it's like ballet on ice."So I'm very lucky that Lukasz is a brilliant partner, he knows his stuff!" she gushed.Speaking about joining the programme, Ria said: "It’s ITV’s
express.co.uk
90%
794
'Took its toll' Brendan Cole's wife Zoe shares struggles of 'solo parenting' amid break
“Ready to roll into 2022 with fresh enthusiasm.“Thanks for looking after us so beautifully.”Brendan and Zoe welcomed Aurelia in 2012.Meanwhile, her husband has been busy rehearsing for his first dance on the 14th series of Dancing On Ice, which kicks off today on ITV.The 45-year-old has been paired up with professional ice skater Vanessa Bauer, and though Brendan has plenty of experience when it comes to dancing, skating on ice could be a challenge for the father-of-one.But unlike his run on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing, where he would often snipe back at judges for their criticism, Brendan insists that he has no plans to answer back on the ITV programme.In an interview with PA this month, he said: “I have no interest in answering back any of the judges on this particular show, I am coming in as a novice.“I am going to be listening, I will be taking on their critiques and trying to improve for the next week."He continued: “You won’t see the young upstart that you saw on Strictly, you will see the respectful old senile.”Brendan believes he has an advantage over some of the other contestants because he’s been dancing for decades.And while dancing while ice skating is quite the contrast from ballroom dancing, the New Zealand-born star is ready to tackle the challenge and prove to fans he’s an all-around great dancer.“It is still a very, very different discipline and I think that is the beauty of the show,” he added.“You’re going to see people at different stages and, like on Strictly, you get some fantastic dancers on there – where they start to where they finish is what’s important.“There are three or four of us who have danced in the past.“Yes, it might give a small advantage in some areas.”Brendan concluded: “But in some
express.co.uk
89%
363
'She needs peace' Alex Beresford slams Downing Street as Queen ‘is done with apologies'
Queen earlier today.The Good Morning Britain weather presenter shared his thoughts on the news as he argued she “needed peace”.This comes amid Number 10 issuing an apology to the Queen over a party on the eve of Prince Philip’s funeral.As many will remember, the Queen was forced to mourn in an isolated seat at the service.This was down to very strict restrictions regarding Covid in place at the time in April 2021.However, last night, it emerged two Covid-rule breaking parties reportedly took place on the day before the funeral.These were thought to be held at Downing Street, with one already confirmed by James Slack.He was the Prime Minister’s former director of communications and he has now apologised for attending.According to the Daily Telegraph, the event had been held to mark his departure from his role.Now Number 10 has apologised to Buckingham Palace over the event.They said: "It's deeply regrettable that this took place at a time of national mourning and Number 10 has apologised to the Palace.""You heard from the PM this week, he's recognised No 10 should be held to the highest standards and take responsibility for things we did not get right."Buckingham Palace has declined comment over the apology.Reacting to the news, Alex tweeted: “Thanks, but I’d imagine the Queen is done with apologies for this week.“Her Majesty needs a moment of peace.”Many of the meteorologist’s followers have reacted to his tweet with their own opinions on the incident.@Carole__Moyes wrote: “I sincerely hope #BuckinghamPalace does not accept their apology.“What they actually mean is 'Its deeply regrettable that this was discovered to have taken place....'” (sic)@chrispettican added: “The Queen needs to take advantage of her position and