Scotland county Green pandemic 2020 Scotland county Green

West Dunbartonshire Council to recruit 38 extra teachers

Reading now: 518
dailyrecord.co.uk

A total of 38 extra teachers will be recruited in West Dunbartonshire after the council received a cash boost from the Scottish Government.The local authority has been allocated £2.62million to take on additional staff.It’s believed the additional Scottish Government money could help offer permanent positions instead of temporary contracts and create more posts.West Dunbartonshire Council has confirmed that it will enable education chiefs to recruit an additional 38 teachers.Local Scottish Greens MSP Ross Greer welcomed the extra cash, commenting: “I am delighted that with Greens in government we’ve been able to deliver this significant extra funding for West Dunbartonshire to recruit more teachers.“Education has been massively disrupted throughout the Covid crisis.“We can’t forget though that even before March 2020 Scotland’s teachers had some of the longest hours and heaviest workloads in the developed world.“Getting extra teachers into classrooms is the best way to support children and young people who have been so badly affected by the pandemic and to help the existing school staff who have gone to such herculean efforts for the sake of their pupils.“I am sure that we’ll see the benefit of this funding across West Dunbartonshire in the months ahead.”The extra £145m allocated to teacher recruitment in the 2022/23 Scottish budget is the largest single increase since 2007.Mr Greer says by the end of the parliamentary term, Scotland’s schools will have 5000 more teachers than before the pandemic, as well as 500 additional classroom assistants.

Read more on dailyrecord.co.uk
The website celebsbar.com is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

dailystar.co.uk
58%
861
Tyson Fury in talks over undisputed clash with Oleksandr Usyk as Anthony Joshua impacted
Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk are in talks over an undisputed bout, according to Bob Arum, which would see Anthony Joshua step aside from a rematch.Fury, who defended his WBC and The Ring world heavyweight belts against Deontay Wilder in October, would get the chance to take the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles Usyk won from Joshua in September.Joshua had been expecting to use his rematch clause to try and become a three-time heavyweight world champion at some point this year, but could now end up facing the winner of Fury vs Usyk.Veteran promoter Arum updated fans over ongoing talks on Wednesday morning, and mentioned the possibility that both Joshua and Dillian Whyte could step aside.Arum told talkSPORT: "It is total chaos."What’s happening is just promises coming out of the Middle East about doing a unified fight with Usyk and Fury, and is Dillian Whyte gonna step aside."And people that have absolutely no contractual ties – like Frank Warren’s Queensberry and our Top Rank do – are getting involved.Who will win between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk? Give us your verdict in the comments section"It’s a typical terrible kind of situation, but hopefully it’ll get sorted out and probably it will get sorted out with a purse bid on Friday."When asked which of Usyk or WBC mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte he believes Fury will fight next, Arum replied: "I have absolutely no idea."Who are these people in the Middle East? And what’s their backing and all of that stuff? That’s not clear."All I know is that the contract with Tyson Fury is with Frank Warren’s Queensberry and Top Rank."Nobody has talked to us about buying out rights or getting our permission to go ahead."Earlier this month, Fury had lashed out at
dailystar.co.uk
86%
621
Angry delivery driver leaves note and £1.16 in change on customer's car after £5 tip
Reddit user has claimed their food delivery driver left an angry note on their car after bringing over a takeaway.Posting on social media, the anonymous person – who operates under the username phantaxtic – uploaded a photograph of the note which had been stuffed inside a Ziplock bag that they claimed was left by the person who dropped off their food.Alongside the message was a total of $1.98 (£1.16) in loose change.Usually, most of us will tell delivery drivers to keep the change when paying as a thank you for their work.So, you might be thinking the customer cheaped out and didn’t bother to give the driver a spare quid or two, but, the poster explained that they had in fact tipped the driver a respectable $10 (£5.85)..The poster captioned the snap: “Food delivery driver left a note on our car in a bag with $1.95 and a passive aggressive message.“We tipped him $10, the restaurant is a 10 minute drive away.”The note read: “Here’s some spare change you clearly need it more than I do.“Keep it for your next delivery driver’s tip. Stay safe.”The photo quickly went viral with over 6,000 people liking the post – and over 1,000 people commented on it.One commenter said: “After a few bad experiences with the various delivery services, I’ll starve in my house rather than deal with it.”And another replied: “Really expensive, slow, and at the end, your food arrives ice cold, what a service!”A third added: “‘Stay safe’ – don’t know if it’s a warning or advice!”“That's not passive aggressive.