The Wonder Years reboot has been renewed for a second season at ABC,despite executive producer and director Fred Savage's firing.The TV network confirmed on Instagram that the comedy series will continue in the fall.
Savage was let go earlier this month due to 'inappropriate conduct' on set.Savage, 45, who has worked extensively as a director in addition to his acting efforts, is 'quick to anger' and 'can have a temper and occasional outbursts' while in charge of productions, sources told People.
Moving forward:ABC's The Wonder Years will continue with a second season, despite executive producer and director Fred Savage's firingAn insider told the outlet that Savage is partial to overshooting scenes, which puts crews under more pressure, leads to longer days and gives him 'more opportunities to snap at people.' Said the insider: 'He works his crews pretty hard by always doing more takes than necessary.
Some directors just overshoot. Sometimes they feel like they didn't get the performance or want to try another angle or things like that.'Savage had directed eight episodes of The Wonder Years reboot prior to his ouster on May 6.Read more on dailymail.co.uk