Scotland hospital action Provident Scotland

Scots Nando's waitress sues firm after skin melted by cleaning fluid left her scarred for life

Reading now: 794
dailyrecord.co.uk

A Scots waitress is suing Nando's after her 'skin melted off' when she was splashed with a cleaning product. Mairi Espie was left seriously injured after some product soaked through her clothes while emptying a container of cleaning detergent.

The liquid was so corrosive it burned through her jeans and melted the skin on her right thigh. The 21-year-old from Dundee needed specialist treatment at A&E and although the wound has now healed, she has been left with a permanent scar.Speaking about the traumatic incident, Mairi said: “It was absolute agony – it felt like my leg was on fire.

I’m now left with a permanent scar in a really prominent place on my body.“The burn was so painful. It took months to heal properly but it’s the scarring that upset me the most.

I’ve got scars on both my legs due to the splash going everywhere but it’s the right thigh that’s the worst."It makes me feel so nervous to wear shorts or skirts."Mairi’s injury happened in December 2019 at the Nando’s restaurant in Nethergate, Dundee.

Read more on dailyrecord.co.uk
The website celebsbar.com is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

DMCA