Nicole Byer California Berlin county Los Angeles city Century, state California show covid-19 awards Nicole Byer California Berlin county Los Angeles city Century, state California

Critics Choice Awards announce new air date of March 13

Reading now: 408
www.dailymail.co.uk

The Critics Choice Awards has announced it will air live Sunday, March 13 after it was previously postponed due to COVID-19.The Critics Choice Association said in a statement Thursday they would be moving forward with an in-person event and working with the Los Angeles County Public Health Department 'to ensure that the proper COVID-19 protocols to keep all attendees safe and comfortable will be in place' by March 13.'Following the science and tracking the course of the Omicron variant, we believe that March 13th will be the right day to properly honor the finest achievements in film and television during the past year,' CCA CEO Joey Berlin said in the statement.

New date! The Critics Choice Awards has announced it will air live Sunday, March 13 after it was previously postponed due to a COVID-19 surge'We could have proceeded with our original January 9th date with limited attendance or switched to a virtual awards show like we did last year, but we decided to wait until we could safely gather in person and truly celebrate with the creative community, industry leaders and our CCA members all together in one beautiful setting for all the world to see.'The upcoming 27th annual awards show will be co-hosted by Taye Diggs and Nicole Byer and will take place at the Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel in Century City, California.

It will air 7pm-10pm ET on The CW and TBS. The new date conflicts with another major awards show, the BAFTAS, which is also set to take place March 13.According to Variety sources, the CCAs and BAFTAs have been in communication over the issue and have a mutual understanding amongst one another.

Read more on dailymail.co.uk
The website celebsbar.com is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

express.co.uk
41%
703
Holly Willoughby stuns fans in make-up free snap ahead of Dancing On Ice debut
Dancing on Ice presenter Holly Willoughby stunned fans this afternoon with a gorgeous make-up free selfie as she prepared for opening night. Now in its 14th series, Dancing on Ice will be welcoming a host of new celebrities to the rink as they compete for the trophy. Holly, 40, shared a casual snap with her 7.5 million Instagram followers as she reminded them to tune in to ITV later tonight. The This Morning star could be seen rocking a navy blue and white patterned coat with a matching turtle neck jumper underneath. In one hand she held her ITV mug, which she lifted in the hopes of drawing more attention to the channel. In the caption, Holly wrote: “Waiting backstage for @dancingonice rehearsals to begin…“Just in case you’re wondering what channel we’re on tonight… @itv,” she added with a blue heart. Holly’s followers quickly flocked to the comment section to praise her casual, wintery look. “Love this look on youuuu,” wrote Barbara Laubach with love heart eyes emojis. “Oooh I want that coat! Where’s it from? X,” asked timehairbeauty. “Love your coat/jumper combo xx,” commented Rachel Taylor.Ruth Poole called Holly a “natural beauty”, while Steven Stewart wrote: “Absolutely stunning."“Your face looks so fresh,” commented slimdim07.“Such a naturally beautiful woman X,” added Cheese_On_Toast.
express.co.uk
45%
121
'Out of my control' Dancing on Ice's Ria Hebden addresses 'anxieties' ahead of show debut
Dancing on Ice contestant Ria Hebden has spoken out about "surrendering control" as she prepares for the first episode of the popular ITV show this evening.The Lorraine presenter, 39, revealed that she had yet to see her outfit or practice with a "major prop" just days before taking to the ice.Speaking to Express.co.uk, three days before the live show starts, the TV star revealed that she's recently breathed a sigh of relief.Ria said: "We have a prop, a major prop that we're using in our opening number and it only arrived today."Not giving any clues about what the prop is away, the Dancing On Ice contestant told how she only has a few days practice with the item.She admitted: "I was really anxious about it last week as it does feature in the performance and it hasn't arrived."But it's been much better now it's here and I can get familiar with it."I'm relieved, excited and relieved!" she added.However, the star also said she had yet to see the outfit she'll be wearing during the first live show.Ria explained: "I still haven't seen my outfit yet, I'm like, 'What's happening?!'"It's very surreal, all these elements are completely out of my control."You just have to kind of surrender to them," she admitted.Speaking about her making her debut on the ice with partner Lukasz Rozycki, Ria told how she couldn't wait to perform.She said: "I'm really excited about it, we've worked really hard for a long time now."I had no dancing experience whatsoever so I've had to really immerse myself in the experience and really learn how to hold my posture and the poses as it's like ballet on ice."So I'm very lucky that Lukasz is a brilliant partner, he knows his stuff!" she gushed.Speaking about joining the programme, Ria said: "It’s ITV’s
express.co.uk
51%
245
'Took its toll' Brendan Cole's wife Zoe shares struggles of 'solo parenting' amid break
“Ready to roll into 2022 with fresh enthusiasm.“Thanks for looking after us so beautifully.”Brendan and Zoe welcomed Aurelia in 2012.Meanwhile, her husband has been busy rehearsing for his first dance on the 14th series of Dancing On Ice, which kicks off today on ITV.The 45-year-old has been paired up with professional ice skater Vanessa Bauer, and though Brendan has plenty of experience when it comes to dancing, skating on ice could be a challenge for the father-of-one.But unlike his run on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing, where he would often snipe back at judges for their criticism, Brendan insists that he has no plans to answer back on the ITV programme.In an interview with PA this month, he said: “I have no interest in answering back any of the judges on this particular show, I am coming in as a novice.“I am going to be listening, I will be taking on their critiques and trying to improve for the next week."He continued: “You won’t see the young upstart that you saw on Strictly, you will see the respectful old senile.”Brendan believes he has an advantage over some of the other contestants because he’s been dancing for decades.And while dancing while ice skating is quite the contrast from ballroom dancing, the New Zealand-born star is ready to tackle the challenge and prove to fans he’s an all-around great dancer.“It is still a very, very different discipline and I think that is the beauty of the show,” he added.“You’re going to see people at different stages and, like on Strictly, you get some fantastic dancers on there – where they start to where they finish is what’s important.“There are three or four of us who have danced in the past.“Yes, it might give a small advantage in some areas.”Brendan concluded: “But in some
express.co.uk
39%
244
Lord Sugar reacts to Novak Djokovic's saga after tennis star 'thrown out' of Australia
LORD ALAN SUGAR has applauded the Australian Government’s decision to deport Novak Djokovic after his appeal to remain in the country was overruled. Lord Alan Sugar took to his official Twitter account on Sunday to weigh in on the news of Novak Djokovic’s visa being cancelled for a second time since his arrival in Australia earlier this month.The unvaccinated athlete was set for the upcoming Australian Open tournament but was denied entry at border control after questions were raised regarding the medical exemption he was given before his arrival.A judge ordered his release on January 10 before Immigration Minister Alex Hawke uncovered that the 34-year-old had made several errors in his visa application, subsequently sending him back to a detention hotel.With the ruling of Novak’s deportation, Alan is firmly standing behind the Australian Government’s decision as he hopped onto his Twitter to share his thoughts on the situation."Well done Australia you stuck to your principles and threw Djokovic out,” he wrote in view of his 5.2 million Twitter followers.“No one is bigger than the rules or law.“Hats off to you Oz.”His tweet was met with mixed reactions from fans who felt torn on whether Novak should have been granted the right to stay Down Under despite the circumstances.“I really don’t get these Anti-Vaxers going on about human rights,” said Twitter user @DaveWilson5209.“Each to their own when it comes to getting vaccinated, but the simple fact is.
express.co.uk
63%
955
'What we lose' Matt Baker shares 'hardest thing' about filming with wife
But last year Matt confessed not everything had been easy about the production process.He told BBC Radio 2 presenter Zoe Ball last year about his family: "It's like a lovely get together."We've made 10 programmes now where we've been getting sheep for all over the UK from the higher grounds."We just have a lovely time, the hardest thing is having to choose what we lose from these programmes."He added: "We film so much stuff."Earlier this month Matt shared with excitement the news that he had been included in the New Year's Honours list 2022.He was awarded Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the New Year's Honours list.The TV star took to his Instagram to give his 293,000 followers the latest update.He uploaded a video to show fans his reaction to the announcement.Matt confessed he could not “quite believe" he had been included in the list.He filmed himself outside, seemingly on his family's farm, as he smiled broadly."Erm, so I've woken up this morning as Matt Baker MBE," Matt stated."I still can't quite believe I'm on the New Year's Honours list."He went on: "But it's all to do with charity work, work I've done for Children In Need over the years."It goes without saying, none of that money would've been raised if it wasn't for you lot."A huge thank you for giving me the opportunity to raise over £50 million.